Search Engine Optimization Help

There must be at over 1000 online business that say they can help you with your SEO copy. Not one company can do this overnight period! Google warns people of these Internet cowboys.

I personally have been doing this for over 10 years and I still don’t know everything. How you get help for SEO is still a work in progress. As a matter of fact I read an article where Google received emails from companies that were “phishing” for new business. In simple terms they are a scam they say something like “Dear ABC I was on your website and noticed you are not getting top listing on Google…. Blah blah blah”. Sound familiar? I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when they got that email! Below are some things to keep in mind.

There is no Guarantee you will get #1 Google ranking
Companies that guarantee you top rating on Google because of a “special relationship with them are full of it. As much as I would love to bash Goggle for many things they are ethical. They have no priority for their submission. As a matter of fact the only way you can actually submit a site is through their http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl So move on partner and do this legally.

Be weary of companies that won’t explain how they can get top rankings
Have Joe or Sheila explain how they are going to do this. More often than not they will misrepresent or give you misleading information. Give you all these services that you can get for free if you took the time to search. Therefore have them spell it out, even in writing if they are willing to give you the guarantee.

Network and talk to other SEO companies
Always ask for references that is a good start. I actually had a company contact me and promise me the world as far as Google ranking. The problem was they could not explain why they were not #1 in Google. I don’t recall what the woman said but by the third sentence out of her mouth I was playing tug of war with my dog Lucy. You can see how interested I was.

Protect yourself Legally
• Have everything in writing if you are going to choose ABC Company to do your SEO work.
• Make sure you talk to clients they have had in the past.
• Make sure that Google has not removed their previous clients.
• Check their WHOIS info.
• Watch out for doorway pages.
• If you think you have been deceived by ABC Company contact the FTC including the BBB. If you want to file a complaint go to http://www.ftc.gov/ or you can call them at 1877.FTC.HELP
To find out more about SEO help you can go to my website.

There I will give you the nitty gritty and truth about how to write and where to find factual information about SEO.

You know you can help

National Canine Cancer Foundation