The Removal and Blocking of Software Spam Ad, and Spyware blocking

Last time I had a discussion about Software Spam Ad, and Spyware blocking was a heated discussion to say the least. I’m sure that the people who know me would say, “Yeah, I’ve heard your shpeal on this before.” But as I always say: it bears repeating. First of all: computers aren’t rocket-science. More... I regularly remind people I know, “You’re over-thinking it, man!” And believe me, I’m guilty as charged, as far as that goes, too. I over-think things all the time. It’s probably what causes most of the trouble in the world, over-thinking. People just need to chill. There would probably be a lot less war and fighting going on, perhaps more peace and less poverty. But, alas, I digress. (Speaking of over-thinking, right?) So now that we’ve solved all the world’s problems, let’s talk about the removal and blocking of ads, adware, and Spyware for a moment. Or, perhaps more importantly, let’s talk about the prevention of those things as well.

We’ve all been bombarded lately with Yahoo Toolbars and Goggle Toolbars, and then we go into the Control Panel (in XP) to Add/Remove Programs, only to find out that quadrillion programs seemed to have “appeared” out of thin air, that we (and no one in our household or office) have knowingly installed. What the heck? Right?

First of all, they don’t appear out of thin air. They appear out of hot air. That’s right, you heard me, the hot air in your head, idiot! I was that idiot, so this is definitely the pot calling the kettle black now. But I say this, not to patronize you or make you develop some low IQ complex. It’s like a healthy spanking. You know, the good kind with the belt or the paddle. The sort of spanking that your folks coupled with the useless saying, “I do this because I love you.” Or was it useless? Maybe not. Maybe the world needs more spankings?

I digress again, but hey—you like it! You know you do! But yeah, here we go. I say you’re an idiot because I care. I say this because this isn’t the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s or 90’s anymore. It’s the 21st century, and we should be used to the idea of computers by now. How does this relate? Well, if you are trying to remove or block ads, adware, Spyware, etc. you need to apply some common sense, to prevent these things from getting into your system in the first place. As the old saying goes, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” The main issue is not removal, but prevention. (Yes, I’m being redundant for effect.)

If you are on a fresh install of XP or Vista, you’re in luck. There’s hope. Start paying attention when you download stuff, uncheck boxes (it only takes a few seconds to pay attention when you’re installing something), and for the sake of all that is good in this world—DO NOT download all kinds of random “free” things all willy-nilly. It’s NOT good for your computer! Now, on the other hand, if you don’t care about the health or performance of your computer, and use it for nothing more than surfing the net or checking email (online using a web mail program like Yahoo mail), then fine. Do whatever you want with your computer. Otherwise, all I ask is that you pay attention.

If your system does get bogged down with random toolbars, ads, Spyware and stuff… Either reinstall Windows (if you can) or install some AntiSpyware or Adware blocking and removal tools. But again—cut it out with the over-thinking and stop thinking of maintaining your computer as brain surgery.And if you write a blog, about Software spam ad Spyware blocking and removal And if you write a blog, stay on topic, will ya?

You know you can help

National Canine Cancer Foundation