How to make money bloging

I have been blogging now for about 3 months sometimes I do it for clients and sometimes I do it because I have something to say. It may not be of any use to anyone but it gives me a space of my own where I can post whatever I want whenever I want to post it.

I was reading on the Internet some very interesting articles on how you can make money off your blogs .. this guy seems to have some great ideas. But I still don't get how you do it. Is he selling ads? I understand you have to get traffic and you have to entice your readers to post. But hell I can barely get anyone on this thing let alone have them join in a discussion or give them things to do. I can offer my articles and how to's on subjects I am familiar with.

I was thinking of doing videos of how to cook some delicious foods. I can cook after all I had a restaurant for 5 years. Great reviews and lots of loyal customers. Then I got CTS (carpal tunnel syndrome) and had to call it quits. I am sure doing all the drugs I was doing back then didn't help. But I was young running around with the wrong crowd. I am not proud of those days but I am proud of my accomplishments. I was 30 I had a successful business I was single living in one of the most amazing cities in the US . San Francisco, now I am getting older wiser and not doing drugs. lolol Well not completely clean I still smoke and drink, hey some habits are harder to break than others.

But I am going off the topic as I always seem to do lately. Some people call it ADD I call it having so much to say and not enough fingers and mouths to say them.But you know I also heard someone say "The ones who know say nothing and the ones that don't know say too much." Funny thing is it comes from some old Chinese proverb, aren't they the smart ones? Confucius always seemed to know so much than we do, yet we are supposedly the most advanced.

Here is what I learned today

  • Get traffic to your blog (still learning how to do that)
  • Post some interesting topics on your blog.
  • Have your reader join in a discussion.
  • Have a rating of something interesting on your blog.
  • Feed your blog to all sorts of social media bookmarks.
  • Comment all over the place. (only if it pertains to the topic)
  • Don't act a fool on other people's blogs.
  • Respond to your blogger
  • Stroke your blogger by making them famous. (umm that one is a little difficult)
  • Invite your blogger to leave comments. Almost like a call to action.
So there you have it dear readers. I am trying to do the right thing. I have noticed however that I am getting more hits on my blog. No thanks to anyone but my own efforts. Since I write and work on the Internet I try to squeeze my url every chance I get without being intrusive, I know I wouldn't want someone barging in on my blog. One last thing keep posting I know I am always interested in what people are doing on the Internet, regardless of whether you are making money or not. Information is the key to knowledge, Knowledge is power and Power is Everything

You know you can help

National Canine Cancer Foundation